Today is Dr Elena Galt’s last day at Horsefair Surgery, we would like to thank her for the huge difference she has made to Horsefair and its patients.
She has been a pleasure to work with and we wish her well on behalf of the staff and patients in her new venture.
If Dr Galt was your GP you will be allocated a new GP, as always you are able to see any Doctor please let the receptionist know if you have a preference when you call and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Patient Update August 2016
Over the next few weeks we are asking for your support and understanding when, most days, we are running the surgery with only 3 or 4 Doctors plus supporting Clinicians. We have made the decision to close between 1230 and 1400 each day to allow the Doctors and staff to catch up with essential admin work, the phone message will tell you that we are closed and provide you with an emergency number to call if you aren’t able to wait until 1400 when we reopen the telephone lines.
Access to all of our services is now driven through Doctor led telephone consulting which allows us to ensure that our patients are seen by the right person, at the right time, first time. We are able to provide same day access to a Doctor telephone consultation for all of our patients if the patient needs urgent on the day care and a call back within 72 hours if its non-urgent. We have a variety of services that we provide from our team of healthcare professionals which includes; GPs, Emergency Care Practitioners, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Physiotherapists, Practice Nurses, Health Care Assistants, a Mental Health Professional and a Pharmacy Technician to ensure our prescribing processes are robust and efficient.
We are supported by a Senior Management team which includes the General Manager, Operations Manager and Clinical Manager and the administrative teams within Horsefair Surgery.
We have a strong Partnership Team who lead the practice with the focus on safe and sustainable care for our patients and a supportive and fulfilling environment for our staff. We have always been proud of the ‘Platinum’ service that we offered to our patients, we have now been forced to move to a ‘Silver’ service and patients can be assured that we continue to do our very best under what are difficult circumstances within Primary Care today
If there is anything that you can do as a patient to help to keep the number of calls that the GPs need to make down (particularly on a Monday) please do.
- Please support us by giving feedback via the contact us page, we want to hear from you good and bad, It helps us to keep abreast of what you are feeling and check that we are delivering the right service to our patients
- Please keep us up to date with your contact details, particularly your telephone numbers
- Please let the receptionist have a brief description of your illness when you request a call back from the Doctor (unless it is personal and then you can explain that you would rather not tell the receptionist – and that is fine) it helps to know the urgency of the call back
- Please be available to answer the phone when the Doctor calls you back
- Please remember to enter your car registration when you park in the car park if you visit the surgery
- Please use the self-check-in at the reception desk